Please Read Carefully!!
By placing an order with Big Sky Nanny for any of our services, you agree to accept Our Terms and Conditions:
Big Sky Nanny Babysitting Program Policies:
- Big Sky Nanny offers our members several package options so families can choose the number of babysitting requests they anticipate needing each month
- Silver Package – includes 4 babysitting requests each month
- Gold Package – includes 8 babysitting requests each month
- Platinum Package – includes 12 babysitting requests each month
- A membership package goes into effect the day it is purchased and will renew on the same day each following month unless cancelled by the member.
- Members may cancel their membership at any time. Once cancelled, the member will be able to use any remaining babysitting requests available on their account for the current billing month.
- Members can upgrade their membership package or add additional one-time requests to their account at any time. If the membership is upgraded to a higher package, the membership will renew at that package rate the following month unless changed to lower package level prior to renewal date.
- If a member upgrades their membership package prior to using all of the requests in their current package before upgrading, the remaining requests in their current package will not carry over to the new membership package.
- Unused babysitting requests do not roll over into the next month. Members are not refunded for unused babysitting requests.
- Members must request sitters by logging into their personal account on Big Sky Nanny’s website and completing the Babysitter Request Form. It is the member’s responsibility to ensure dates, times, and details are accurate on each request.
- If a babysitting request is made and accepted by one of our babysitters and the member cancels the booking within less than 24 hours of the scheduled booking, the member will be required to pay the babysitter for half of the requested time.
- A cancelled request within less than 24 hours’ notice prior to the booking will count as a babysitting request in the member’s membership package.
- Holiday hourly rates paid to the babysitter still apply with our membership packages. (See Holiday Rates below)
- There is a 3-hour minimum charge per babysitting request. Members may request a babysitter for less than 3 hours but will be required to pay the babysitter for a minimum of 3 hours of care.
- We cannot guarantee every babysitting request will be accepted by one of our babysitters. We will limit the number of available memberships in our babysitting program to ensure we have enough sitters to fill the babysitting requests of our members. However, there may be times requests are not accepted. If we are unable to fulfill a family’s request due to sitter availability, we will refund the request to the member’s account.
One Time Babysitting Request
- One time babysitting requests may be purchased on our website without purchasing a membership package. One time babysitting requests will be charged a one-time fee for the request and will not be automatically charged the following month.
- One time babysitting requests may be made in addition to a membership package if a member requires additional babysitting placements after using all of the requests in a membership package.
- One time babysitting requests must be made by completing the One Time Babysitting Request form on our website or by contacting Big Sky Nanny to arrange a placement if your needs meet special restrictions (overnight placements, more than 6 children needing care, etc.)
- It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure the date, time, and details of the request are complete and accurate when requesting a one time babysitting placement.
- If a one-time sitting request is made and is not accepted by one of our sitters, Big Sky Nanny will refund the one-time babysitter request fee.
- If a babysitting request is made with less than 24 hours’ notice of when childcare is needed, there will be an additional $15 service fee added onto the booking fee.
- Once a one-time babysitting request is accepted by a babysitter, the family may only cancel the request within 24 hours of the request being accepted to be eligible for a refund. After 24 hours, the one-time request fee is non-refundable if cancelled for any reason by the family.
- If a babysitting request is made and accepted by one of our babysitters and the family cancels the booking within less than 24 hours of the scheduled booking, the family will be required to pay the babysitter for half of the requested time. The one-time babysitting request fee will not be refunded.
- Holiday rates paid to the babysitter apply for one time booking requests. (see Holiday Rates below)
- There is a 3-hour minimum charge per babysitting request. Requests may be made for less than 3 hours but you will be required to pay the babysitter for a minimum of 3 hours of care.
- We cannot guarantee every babysitting request will be accepted by one of our babysitters.
Hourly Rate – Applies to Membership accounts and One Time Babysitting requests
- Big Sky Nanny offers only the best babysitters in the area to our members. Our babysitters are all currently certified in CPR & First Aid and have had background checks, reference checks, and have been screened to ensure they will offer our members superior child care. Because we know our babysitters will go above and beyond, we require our members to pay a minimum hourly rate paid directly to the babysitter.
- One (1) child – $13.00 per hour
- Two (2) children – $15.00 per hour
- Three (3) children – $17.00 per hour
- Four (4) children – $19.00 per hour
- Five (5) children – $21.00 per hour
- Six (6) children – $23.00 per hour
- Families needing care for more than 6 children must request 2 or more babysitters to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children. Please contact Big Sky Nanny directly for any requests requiring the care of more than 6 children at a time. *An additional booking fee will be required for placements needing care for more than 6 children.
- Our babysitters must be paid directly by cash, check, or Venmo payment for the total number of hours requested, at the hourly rate assigned for the number of children needing care.
- In the event that the babysitting shift is shorter than requested, the member is required to pay for entire time requested (3 hour minimum).
- If the babysitter is needed longer than the hours requested, she/he must be paid for the extra time at the standard hourly rate plus an additional $2/hour for the extended time needed.
- Payment must be made directly to the babysitter at the end of each job before the babysitter leaves. If the same babysitter has accepted more than one request with a family on different days, payment is required each day at the end of the shift.
- We allow and encourage our members to offer additional pay to the babysitters if they would like to.
Babysitting requests made for any of the following holidays will require an additional $4.00 per hour to be added to the standard hourly rate required for the request. As with all of our babysitting requests, holiday requests are not guaranteed to be accepted but we will always do our best!
- New Year’s Day
- Valentine’s Day (evening)
- Mother’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Father’s Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve (evening)
Due to the impacts of Covid-19, we will follow the recommended guidance by the CDC and World Health Organization to keep our babysitters, members, and any families requesting our services safe and healthy.
- Will not care for children if they are feeling ill or show ANY symptoms of Covid-19
- Will not accept any babysitting positions if they have travelled outside of Montana in the past 14 days.
- Will not accept any babysitting positions if they have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
- Will not provide care in a household where any family member is sick or showing any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Will not provide care in a household where any family member has traveled outside of Montana in the past 14 days.
- Will not provide care in a household where any family member has been in contact with someone diagnosed with Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
If anyone in a household (parents, children, guests, etc.) feels sick or show ANY signs or symptoms of Covid-19 within 24-hours of a scheduled babysitting request, it is the family’s responsibility to contact Big Sky Nanny to let us know. We will notify the babysitter that has accepted the request and she/he will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to cancel the booking. If the babysitter agrees to babysit, there will be a fee of Four Dollars ($4) per hour in addition to the standard hourly rate for the booking, paid directly to the babysitter.
If a family (member or one time babysitting request) fails to notify Big Sky Nanny of a sick child or family member and the babysitter shows up to the home unaware of an illness, there will be a $25 inconvenience fee due, paid to the babysitter, in addition to the sick child rate if the babysitter agrees to stay and babysit. The babysitter may cancel the booking and leave the job upon arrival if she has not been notified of the sick care circumstances.
If a babysitting request is made with less than 24-hours’ notice prior to needing a babysitter, Big Sky Nanny will charge an additional $10 fee to members and $15 fee to non-members for last minute care requests. These fees will only be due if we are able to secure a babysitter for the requested date and time and must be paid directly to Big Sky Nanny prior to the requested time.
If a babysitting request is made for a location outside of Missoula city limits, there will be an additional fee paid directly to the babysitter to cover the cost of the trip. Please contact Big Sky Nanny to request care outside of Missoula.
Families requiring overnight care will be charged an additional booking fee of $25 per night, paid directly to Big Sky Nanny. Members will use 1 request in their monthly package if the total time needing care is less than 12 hours or 2 requests in their package if the care time is over 12 hours total. Non-members will pay the one-time request fee ($25) plus the additional overnight care fee ($25). Babysitters must be paid the standard babysitting rate for the hours the child(ren) are awake plus an additional $50 bonus for staying overnight. Please contact Big Sky Nanny to request overnight care.
Requesting a Babysitter
Members must only request a babysitter by logging into their account on Big Sky Nanny’s website and completing a request form. Members may NOT contact our sitters directly to request their care or ask about availability. If you would like to request a specific babysitter, members may contact Big Sky Nanny with the request information and their preferred sitter and we will see if she/he is available prior to sending your request to the rest of our babysitters to review. If a member contacts one of our babysitters directly without going through our system, their membership will be cancelled immediately. Babysitters will be terminated from our program if they accept babysitting positions directly from members.
Big Sky Nanny may cancel a membership for any reason, including but not limited to:
- If a family does not pay their babysitter the full amount due at the end of her/his shift.
- If a sitter notifies Big Sky Nanny that they were not paid the full amount due after a job, we will contact the family and try to resolve the situation. If payment is still not provided, the membership will be cancelled.
- If there are any questions regarding pay expectations, please contact us – we are happy to help!
- If we learn of any issues one of our sitters experiences that would make us uncomfortable filling a future babysitting request with a family
- If a member contacts any of the sitters in our babysitting program to ask about availability and/or tries to request a babysitter without using our online request system, the member will be notified that their membership has been canceled.